Solid Rock Deliverance Temple
Pastor James Greene
October 25, 2015
You were chosen by God.
Many are called, but few are chosen.
Some things can’t be completed, unless you are
called to do those things.
(1). Genesis 7:1-5 ERV
Then the Lord said to Noah, “I have seen that you are a good man, even among the evil people of this time. So gather your family, and all of you go into the boat. Get seven pairs (seven males and seven females) of every kind of clean animal. And get one pair (one male and one female) of every other animal on the earth. Lead all these animals into the boat with you. Get seven pairs (seven males and seven females) of all the birds. This will allow all these animals to continue living on the earth after the other animals are destroyed. Seven days from now, I will send much rain on the earth. It will rain for 40 days and 40 nights, and I will wipe everything off the face of the earth. I will destroy everything I made.” Noah did everything the Lord told him to do.
1. You were personally chosen by God, some things were ordained by God for you to do.
2. Many are called, but few are chosen.
3. God had to have a plan after the fall.
4. He has chosen you to complete a task.
5. Some task are specifically task to an individual.
6. Think on this, only 8 people made it into the Ark.
7. Noah preached to the people for many years, there were more animals that survived the flood than humans.
8. How do you think that made God feel?
(2). Genesis 12:1-5 ERV
The Lord said to Abram, “Leave your country and your people. Leave your father’s family and go to the country that I will show you. I will build a great nation from you. I will bless you and make your name famous. People will use your name to bless other people. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse those who curse you. I will use you to bless all the people on earth.” So Abram left Haran just like the Lord said, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he left Haran. He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the slaves, and all the other things he had gotten in Haran. Then he and his group moved to the land of Canaan.
1. We are all blessed through Abraham.
2. Abraham was 75 when he departed, and the begining of the journey began.
3. He had to leave his family, and his country.
4. We are all blessed because of Abraham.
5. All the families are blessed because of Abraham.
6. We are the seed of Abraham.
7. Abraham obeyed God.
8. Abraham was 75 years old when he started his ministry. When God told him to leave his country and his kindred, this shows it is never too late to start your ministry.
9. What excuse do we have when God calls you, some complained when God said start your ministry.
10. Just think, Moses, he was 80 years old. He was 40 years old when he left Egypt, and he spent 40 years in the wilderness, and then God said go back and free my people. An 80 year old man, a Shepherd charged to care for, and watch over, over 3 million people.
11. It was said that when they counted the people then, they only counted the men 12, through 70 years old. The children, women, and elderly were not accounted. So the actual number is unknown.
12. Moses was charged to shepherd, but his power, and energy to complete his given task, came from God. God will not charge you with a seemingly unaccomplishable task, without first showing you what He has for you to do, He will then show you through His mighty miracles, that all things are possible through him that follow, and excepts the ministry he has charged you to commence.
13. You may be the one God empowers to start a task, but remember, He is the author, and the finisher.
(3). Exodus 3:7-12 ERV
Then the Lord said, “I have seen the troubles my people have suffered in Egypt, and I have heard their cries when the Egyptians hurt them. I know about their pain. Now I will go down and save my people from the Egyptians. I will take them from that land and lead them to a good land where they can be free from these troubles. It is a land filled with many good things. Many different people live in that land: the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites. I have heard the cries of the Israelites, and I have seen the way the Egyptians have made life hard for them. So now I am sending you to Pharaoh. Go! Lead my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God, “I am not a great man! How can I be the one to go to Pharaoh and lead the Israelites out of Egypt?” God said, “You can do it because I will be with you. This will be the proof that I am sending you: After you lead the people out of Egypt, you will come and worship me on this mountain.”
1. God says, are you listening to Me?
2. Sometimes we will be dissapointed.
3. We need patience.
4. There is a reason we are still here.
5. We’ve been delivered from the world to serve God.
6. God has given us the ministry to evangelize.
7. The five fold ministry is to minister.
8. We are in training to become ministers.
9. The foundation of the church is set on Apostle, and the Prophets.
10. Stay tuned in to God.
11. You are chosen for a purpose.
12. God does not want to hear our excuses, he just needs us to do our task that He has called us for.
13. God has no interest in our excuses, he wants all his people delivered.
14. You were delivered out of the world to serve God So he can work through you.
15. We are all here for a reason on this Earth.
16. God wants you to go to Heaven, but if he did not need you here on this Earth, as soon as you got saved, he would take you on home. God needs us here, saved, on this Earth, to bring others to salvation, He wants us all to come home.
17. We all have been called and charged for the ministry of reconciliation once you were saved.
18. He that know to do good, and do it not, that is sin.
(4). 1 Samuel 16:6-7, 11-12 ERV
When Jesse and his sons arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, “Surely this is the man who the Lord has chosen.” But the Lord said to Samuel, “Eliab is tall and handsome, but don’t judge by things like that. God doesn’t look at what people see. People judge by what is on the outside, but the Lord looks at the heart. Eliab is not the right man.” Then he asked Jesse, “Are these all the sons you have?” Jesse answered, “No, I have another son—my youngest, but he is out taking care of the sheep.” Samuel said, “Send for him. Bring him here. We won’t sit down to eat until he arrives.” Jesse sent someone to get his youngest son. This son was a good-looking, healthy young man. He was very handsome. The Lord said to Samuel, “Get up and anoint him. He is the one.”
1. Some of us are wondering why God chose us, the Bible says, He chose the foolish things, that confound the wise.
2. Look at people that God chose, like Paul.
3. Think on this, you may have known someone in the World that is now preaching. You may think to yourself, “What? He’s a preacher? No way.” Now look at yourself.
4. What do you think those that knew you before you were saved would say now when they see you? Can they all believe you are truly saved?
5. We all have fallen short in our lives, thank God for Jesus.
6. Saul, prior to his conversion becoming Paul, murdered and Persecuted Christians. It was very hard for the Christians to believe, and listen to him when he appeared before them. They assumed it was a trick to gather them, and then persecute them.
7. Ananias was told to pray for Saul, but when God told him to do so, he disputed God saying that Saul was only going to kill him. God had to reassure him that he had been converted, and needed the prayer. Paul then became one of the most powerful men in the Christian faith, writing over 13 books of the Holy Bible.
8. It does not matter the amount of dirt that is in your life, God can clean you up, and use you.
9. Moses had to return to the same place he departed. He was known as a murder, and sought as such. The power of God erases all fear, Moses obtained a new boldness and suppressed the fear, and the past acts that he had committed. We need to give all in our past life back to God, only then will a God like boldness encamp in your spirit.
10. David in this case was the younger brother. He was tending the sheep.
11. (The King, was found tending the sheep). David, – (Jesus).
12. What was you found doing when the prophet spoke into your life?
(5). John 15:12-16 ERV
This is what I command you: Love each other as I have loved you. The greatest love people can show is to die for their friends. You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do. I no longer call you servants, because servants don’t know what their master is doing. But now I call you friends, because I have told you everything that my Father told me. “You did not choose me. I chose you. And I gave you this work: to go and produce fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you anything you ask for in my name.
1. We should Love one one another, as God loves you.
2. Do what God commands, and God says, you are my friend.
3. God has to be first place in your life.
4. Let your light shine before men.
5. God is not trying to keep anything from you. He wants you to obtain all we can, and learn from Him, through His word.
6. You are important to God.
7. Matthew, you Are a tax collector, and you cheat people, but I can use you.
8. Peter, I know you have an attitude problem. But I can use that.
9. God has planted you.
10. God has hand picked you.
11. You were hand pick prior to being born.
12. You have not chosen me, but I have chosen you. The flesh will always deny the spirit, and the ministry of God. God has call you to Him.
13. That you may bear fruit, you will have a harvest, what have you planted?
14. God has somebody praying for you.
15. Pray for someone else.
16. God says just do what I told you to do, & I will do something for you.
17. God needs you.
This weeks scripture.
Read this all week
Jeremiah 1:4-9 ERV
The Lord’s message came to me: “Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I chose you for a special work. I chose you to be a prophet to the nations.” Then I said, “But, Lord GOD, I don’t know how to speak. I am only a boy.” But the Lord said to me, “Don’t say, ‘I am only a boy.’ You must go everywhere I send you and say everything I tell you to say. Don’t be afraid of anyone. I am with you, and I will protect you.” This message is from the Lord. Then the Lord reached out with his hand and touched my mouth. He said to me, “Jeremiah, I am putting my words in your mouth.