Solid Rock Deliverance Temple
Pastor James Greene :
October 18, 2015
This week’s scripture.
Please read the entire week.
1 John 4:18-19 ERV
Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love takes away fear. It is his punishment that makes a person fear. So his love is not made perfect in the one who has fear. We love because God first loved us.
Lifestyle of Love
Deuteronomy 6:4-7 ERV
“Listen, people of Israel! The Lord is our God. The Lord is the only God. You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Always remember these commands that I give you today. Be sure to teach them to your children. Talk about these commands when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road. Talk about them when you lie down and when you get up.
1. Sounds like it supposed to be at all times. God really means exactly what He says.
2. We try to tell God what we want to do.
Luke 10:25-29 ERV
Then an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. He said, “Teacher, what must I do to get eternal life?” Jesus said to him, “What is written in the law? What do you understand from it?” The man answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ Also, ‘Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself.’ ” Jesus said, “Your answer is right. Do this and you will have eternal life.” But the man wanted to show that the way he was living was right. So he said to Jesus, “But who is my neighbor?”
1. Love your neighbors, as you love yourself.
2. We are here on this Earth to love one another.
Luke 10:36-37 ERV
Then Jesus said, “Which one of these three men do you think was really a neighbor to the man who was hurt by the robbers?” The teacher of the law answered, “The one who helped him.” Jesus said, “Then you go and do the same.”
1. Love is like the good Samariton.
2. Don’t let God allow things to happen to you, they may reflect the complaints in your life. Never complain, and if you do have a compaint, never do so in the company of non believer’s.
3. We need God, and what He has for us. Don’t trust in yourself.
Romans 5:1-5 ERV
We have been made right with God because of our faith. So we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through our faith, Christ has brought us into that blessing of God’s grace that we now enjoy. And we are very happy because of the hope we have of sharing God’s glory. And we are also happy with the troubles we have. Why are we happy with troubles? Because we know that these troubles make us more patient. And this patience is proof that we are strong. And this proof gives us hope. And this hope will never disappoint us. We know this because God has poured out his love to fill our hearts through the Holy Spirit he gave us.
1. We have to learn love, a lifestyle of love.
2. God gave, us Jesus through His love.
3. Everybody wants to be loved.
Galatians 5:1-6 ERV
We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong in that freedom. Don’t go back into slavery again. Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you start following the law by being circumcised, then Christ cannot help you. Again, I warn everyone: If you allow yourselves to be circumcised, then you must follow the whole law. If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished—you have left God’s grace. I say this because our hope of being right with God comes through faith. And the Spirit helps us feel sure as we wait for that hope. When someone belongs to Christ Jesus, it is not important if they are circumcised or not. The important thing is faith—the kind of faith that works through love.
1. Faith lives by love.
2. If you love me, you will keep my commandments, this is what Jesus says.
3. Just because somebody says no, that don’t mean that they don’t love you. God says no, or wait, but He says He will always love you, and be with you.
1 Peter 4:6-9 ERV
Some were told the Good News before they died. They were criticized by others in their life here on earth. But it was God’s plan that they hear the Good News so that they could have a new life through the Spirit. The time is near when all things will end. So keep your minds clear, and control yourselves. This will help you in your prayers. Most important of all, love each other deeply, because love makes you willing to forgive many sins. Open your homes to each other and share your food without complaining.
1. Jesus became like us, so we can become like Him.
2. Keep an open eye. Watch all. The devil is active, don’t be fooled.
3. God wants us to be like Stephen, don’t blame them that harm you.
4. Forgive with a God like love. 70 times 7. 490 times. Daily, and thats each person.
5. Forgive all, love covers a multitude of sin.
6. God forgives in the same ways He needs you to forgive.
7. How can you not forgive, and expect God to forgive you.
8. We need Gods forgiveness, don’t block His love, by not showing your love to others.
9. Do all you do in true love, if you don’t love in what you perform, it is vain.
10. The word can cut, be careful with your tongue.