Solid Rock Deliverance Temple
Pastor James Greene :
October 4, 2015
God is our Strong Tower
2 Samuel 5:6-10 ERV
The king and his men went to fight against the Jebusites living in Jerusalem. The Jebusites said to David, “You cannot come into our city. Even our blind and crippled people can stop you.” (They said this because they thought that David would not be able to enter into their city. That day David said to his men, “Whenever you strike at the Jebusites, aim for the throat and kill them.” David said this because he hates to have people left who are crippled and blind. That is why people now say, “The lame and blind are not allowed in the temple. ” David lived in the fort and called it “The City of David.” David built up the city from the Millo inward. He became stronger and stronger because the Lord All-Powerful was with him.
1. Know the power that is within you.
2. You can’t walk with the devil, and then rebuke him.
3. There is a message in the madness. Music that we listen to, games that we play, they seem so innocent, things we see and love, you know those shows we just can’t miss. We go out of the way to see. Do you feel the same way about missing church.
4. We miss too much church, we should feel convicted. If you don’t, you had better check yourself, and regain your faith.
Nahum 1:2,3,6,7, ERV
The Lord is a jealous God. The Lord punishes the guilty, and he is very angry. The Lord punishes his enemies, and he stays angry with them. The Lord is patient, but he is also very powerful! The Lord will punish the guilty; he will not let them go free. He will use whirlwinds and storms to show his power. People walk on the dusty ground, but he walks on the clouds. No one can stand against his great anger. No one can endure his terrible anger. His anger will burn like fire. The rocks will shatter when he comes. The Lord is good. He is a safe place to go to in times of trouble. He takes care of those who trust him.
1. The Old Testament was filled with Gods disciplines.
2. We must dicipline our children. God does the same thing to us.
3. You can tell the ones that get no dicipline by their reactions to different situations. They will bring open rebuke to you, and embarrass you.
4. God is a jealous God.
5. God loves everyone, and wants us to love Him in the same degree.
6. The Lord is good, but His power is great. He is a strong hold, our Strong Tower, a Fortress. In that, stay on the Lords side. His power is undisputed, undeniable. He can not be defeated.
Mark 3:23-27 ERV
So Jesus called them over to him and began to speak to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house.
1. They told Jesus, he was the devil.
2. Jesus was God in the flesh. They said Jesus blasphemed agsinst the Lord God.
3. We get a fresh start everyday. He loves us this much.
4. As a child of God, people will try you. They, at first glance have it in there minds that you think you are better than them. Not so, we just have accepted someone better than the one they live under. God gives us love, the other takes life.
5. Jesus responded to their accusations, how can a house stand if it defeats itself. It can not last. This shows us that everything has to be managed, it can stand, or be destroyed by your power, and or, actions. You will nurture what you love, and destroy what you hate.
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 ERV.
We live in this world, but we don’t fight our battles in the same way the world does. The weapons we use are not human ones. Our weapons have power from God, and can destroy the enemy’s strong places. We destroy people’s arguments, and we tear down every proud idea that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We also capture every corrupted thought, and make it give up, and obey Christ. God is ready to punish anyone who does not obey, He wants you to be fully obedient.
1. We are in the flesh, and is bound to this flesh, but we are spirits, and thats why we conflict with our own selves.
2. We must pray intensely, or the flesh will defeat the spirit, and its voice will be over ridden.
3. We must operate in the spirit.
4. Don’t worry, when the spirit is in charge, the body will follow along too.
5. The Spirit will allow God to have His way. The flesh tries to defeat you, to defeat the voice of God, and his guide.
6. Remember, God wants you to be a success in all that you do. The devil is trying to kill you, steal your provisions that God has stored away just for you. That alone will bring destruction.
7. What will happen if someone calls you out your name? Will the heat of hell peak its head up in you, causing you to change your whole disposition? When this happens your outter appearance, stance, voice, reflection of Jesus can be altered. Keep the devil under subjection, and he will flee.
Ephesians 6:10-13 ERV
To end my letter I tell you, be strong in the Lord and in his great power. Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s clever tricks. Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly places. That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil, you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing.
1. Draw your strength from God.
2. That’s how we defeat the powers of the devil.
3. It’s not the person before you, its the power of the spirit that is within them that is attacking your spirit. The flesh responds defensively by reflecting, and engaging in the same animosities, as their spirit. The devil then can count a victory.
4. If the heat from hell continues, an argument may ensue, escalating to a physical altercation. Murder, possibly may be the final outcome. You my become a murderer, to which your life is lost, or you may be the one that meets the great deceiver in which has an appointment of torment awaiting your arival.
5. Let the love of God cool the heat from hell, resolving the situation. Be a reflection of Jesus, and His love, and freedom will remain yours. Always be a witness, not a victim. Amen