Solid Rock Deliverance Temple
Pastor: James Greene
November 1, 2015
Scripture for the week:
DO NOT let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.
John 14:1 AMP
Do You Believe in Jesus?
Isaiah 53:1-5 AMP
WHO HAS believed (trusted in, relied upon, and clung to) our message [of that which was revealed to us]? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been disclosed? [John 12:38-41; Rom. 10:16.] For [the Servant of God] grew up before Him like a tender plant, and like a root out of dry ground; He has no form or comeliness [royal, kingly pomp], that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him. He was despised and rejected and forsaken by men, a Man of sorrows and pains, and acquainted with grief and sickness; and like One from Whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or have any esteem for Him. Surely He has borne our griefs (sicknesses, weaknesses, and distresses) and carried our sorrows and pains [of punishment], yet we [ignorantly] considered Him stricken, smitten, and afflicted by God [as if with leprosy]. [Matt. 8:17.] But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
1. You are healed.
2. You have been made whole.
3. Do you really believe that.
4. This was prophesied way before it happened.
5. Jesus fulfilled over a hundred prophecies.
6. Jesus said, “I did not come to do away with the law, but I came to fulfill the law”.
7. So do you believe all that you have read?
8. We believe that when it comes to Belief, in being saved, so you should believe you are healed by Jesus, by Jesus’s name.
9. We should believe it, same author, He said He is the Author, and finisher, of our faith.
10. Jesus says, “do you believe in me?”
11. Sickness and disease is coming, but do you believe that through Jesus, you are healed?
John 10:7-11 AMP
So Jesus said again, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that I Myself am the Door for the sheep. All others who came [as such] before Me are thieves and robbers, but the [true] sheep did not listen to and obey them. I am the Door; anyone who enters in through Me will be saved (will live). He will come in and he will go out [freely], and will find pasture. The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd risks and lays down His [own] life for the sheep. [Ps. 23.]
1. Jesus came so that we may have life, and have it more abundantly.
2. Salvation means nothing missing nothing broken. Wholeness.
3. God does not half do anything. But we do.
4. Do you believe that Jesus came, so you can have abundant life.
5. The devil came to steal, kill, and destroy.
6. If you want to realize the difference between Jesus, and the devil, it is right there in verse 10, it tells you what they both came to do.
7. There is only two, sometimes we blame the devil for things that we have done.
8. If something has nothing to do with life, but has something to do with stealing, killing, and destroying, it definitely is not of God.
9. It’s the devil, do you know that they call him a thief.
10. He wants to steal, kill, and destroy but you have to be the one that gives it to him. Remember, the Word says give no place to the devil.
11. You see, the devil cannot take anything from you.
12. Know this, if the devil could, you could not ever get saved.
13. He did not have the power to stop you from getting saved, so we should not empower him to taking us out of God’s hands.
14. Jesus said he is the Good Shepherd, so that means there has to be some bad shepherds, Jesus said he will lay His life down for the sheep.
15. A pastor is a shepherd over his people, over his flock of a church. He should lay his life down for his flock.
16. You are going to miss some sleep, you are also going to be praying, if you are a good shepherd.
17. Your heart has to be for the people.
18. A good shepherd will rid of tool, and blessed.
19. A Good Shepherd will do what God says to do, it is up to the people to receive the word from the man of God.
20. Do you believe that Jesus came, so you can have abundant life. You have to believe that.
21. What is abundant life? He said “I wish above all things that you will be prosperous, in good health, even as your soul prospers”.
22. He wishes above all things, all things, there is nothing that he wishes more than for us to be in good health, prosperous, even as our soul, prosper.
23. So if you are sick, that is not his wish.
24. If you are in poverty, and that, that is not his wish.
25. And as your soul prospers, that means, if your mind is not in peace, that is not his wish.
26. It is up to you as the believer, If you don’t do what God says, you should not expect anything.
27. If you sow sparingly, you will reap sparingly.
28. Submit to God, resist the devil, and he will flee.
29. To submit to God it means simply just to obey His Word.
John 16:29-33 AMP
His disciples said, Ah, now You are speaking plainly to us and not in parables (veiled language and figures of speech)! Now we know that You are acquainted with everything and have no need to be asked questions. Because of this we believe that you [really] came from God. Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? [Do you believe it at last?] But take notice, the hour is coming, and it has arrived, when you will all be dispersed and scattered, every man to his own home, leaving Me alone. Yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
1. When we believe in someone, we take them for their word.
2. Jesus said, “do you believe in me then”.
3. In all the times that Jesus sent them out, and performed miracles, they now say “we do now believe”. Jesus says, basically, “it took all that for you to now believe”.
4. How long have you been on Gods side? What has he done for you, do you say now I believe, are you still waiting to believe?
5. Jesus will ask us the same thing. Why are you afraid, why are you fearfull.
6. Why do you doubt me.
7. Do you really believe that I have done, what I said I’ve already done in your life?
8. Do you believe what I took to the cross for you?
9. If we do believe then we need to start living like it.
10. If we don’t start living like it, how is the world going to know about Jesus.
11. The Bible says, we are supposed to be a witness on to him.
12. So how does the world witness US, not by what we say, but by what they see us do and how we are.
13. Your lifestyle is the best witness, it’s how you respond to a situation.
14. There is always someone paying attention.
15. The Word says, there shall always be tribulation, but how we respond to it is what will reflect Jesus in our life.
16. Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
17. You should say, I am an overcomer.
18. You just have to believe.
19. Know that there is a difference, between being lonely, and alone. Jesus says he will never leave us, nor forsake us.
20. Know that the joy of the Lord is my strength.
21. So when trials and tribulation comes, where do you get your strength? Strength comes from, the Lord, Amen.
22. And all things we should give thanks.
23. James says, we should count it all joy when we going through things.
24. That is why we have to be in the spirit.
25. Trials, and tribulations come to strengthen us.
26. If you are living right, the devil should be all up in your house. Trying to break you, and defeat you.
27. So if the devil is not bothering you at all, you better check yourself. He does not need to work on what he has accomplished. He has already beaten you.
28. Jesus I know, Paul I know, but who are you? If you have no power, the devil would easily strip you naked, and chase you out of your own home, and your own securities. He will make you turn your back on God himself. Do you believe in Jesus? You had better call on his name.
29. The devil will have you on the run, we supposed to have him on the run. The devil will have you confused.
30. Praises confused the devil.
31. Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
32. When I’m weak, then I’m strong.
33. His strength is made perfect, in my weakness.
34. The Old Testament, says when I am weak, I am strong.
35. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.
36. If you’ve been redeemed, then say so Amen!
37. I’VE BEEN REDEEMED, I’VE OVER COME.
38. Jesus gave us the formula, “As it is written”.
39. We should go from glory to glory, in faith to faith.
40. We need to have a party, at Holy Ghost party, that’s what it takes to run the devil out. Praying and so, fasting and praying.
1 Peter 1:6-10 ERV
I know the thought of that is exciting, even if you must suffer through different kinds of troubles for a short time now. These troubles test your faith and prove that it is pure. And such faith is worth more than gold. Gold can be proved to be pure by fire, but gold will ruin. When your faith is proven to be pure, the result will be praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ comes. You have not seen Christ, but still you love him. You can’t see him now, but you believe in him. You are filled with a wonderful and heavenly joy that cannot be explained. Your faith has a goal, and you are reaching that goal—your salvation. The prophets studied carefully and tried to learn about this salvation. They spoke about the grace that was coming to you.
1. The only thing that should be on trial, is your faith.
2. Are you going to be convicted, or set free?
3. Which is tested, and purified by fire.
4. We say yes, we believe in him. So why can’t we believe what he says he has done for us. So you believe in what you can’t see, but do you believe in what he said.
5. We can’t believe everything the Word says, if you can’t believe everything that Jesus said he has done for you, you just have to accept it.
6. You have to receive it, and walk in it. You have to live it.
7. God knows a man’s heart.
8. Only faith, moves God.
9. If you believe in Jesus, These signs shall follow, them that believe.
10. Cast out devils, Take up serpents, speak in new tongues.
11. Lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
12. These signs shall follow, them that believe.
13. This is what Jesus did when he walked the earth.
14. Do you believe in Jesus.
15. If your are not doing those things, then you must not believe.
16. Jesus said, if you believe I am in the Father, and the Father in me, these things I do, you can do also.
17. Ask yourself, if you believe, then where are my works.
18. To be a hearer, and not a doer, you are deceiving your own self.
19. If You hear me, and you’re reading, and you see it, but you are not doing it. Then you are walking in deception.
1 Peter 2:21-25 ERV
This is what you were chosen to do. Christ gave you an example to follow. He suffered for you. So you should do the same as he did: “He never sinned, and he never told a lie.” Isaiah 53:9 People insulted him, but he did not insult them back. He suffered, but he did not threaten anyone. No, he let God take care of him. God is the one who judges rightly. Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross. He did this so that we would stop living for sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you were healed. You were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now you have come back to the Shepherd and Protector of your lives.
1. Jesus learned obedience through the things he suffered.
2. You can learn obedience to the things you suffer.
3. Peter said, don’t suffer for doing wrong. It is better to suffer for Christ, than for doing wrong.
4. Jesus did not take those stripes to make you sick, he took those stripes to make you well.
5. When someone insults you, you should not insult them back.
6. Jesus said, if you love me then you will keep my commandments.
7. If you believe in Jesus, then it will be easier to keep His commandments.
8. Remember, we are not the judge, God is the judge, we only judge the fruit someone bears.
9. Think on this, Paul murder Christians, God did not kill him.
10. Moses murdered a man, God did not kill him, he used him.
11. Both, we could Deem criminals. But God use them for Ministry, to deliver his people. Jesus was deemed a criminal, but committed no crime, and was used to deliver all of God’s people.
12. We need to learn to love, and forgive.
13. We need to pray for one another.
14. The Word, says I am the word that changes not.
15. Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
16. If he has told you to do it then, you should do it now, He has not changed his mind.
17. God is not trying to take anything from you, he’s trying to get something to you.